Can anyone recommend me a lightweight waterproof coat

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
I'm not after spending a fortune, I have two heavy duty Jack Woofskin coats but they are very heavy and extremely warm

I'm after something leighweigt and affordable for the summer months that can withstand a could downpour or two

Any suggestions or things I should be looking for

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Lol, you jest but when walking the daughter I have taken to having one in my rucksack just in case. Although not got that bad as yet

Waterproof, lightweight, easy to carry & come in a range of colours :) What's not to like.

++

Lol, you jest but when walking the daughter I have taken to having one in my rucksack just in case. Although not got that bad as yet

Showoff

Distinguished Member
IMG_1056.JPG

Posh mans bin bag!

D

Deleted member 27989

I just use a light weight packed raincoat. Might be from regatta of someone like that. Folds up tiny, is super light, stops the rain and wind...Was less than a tenner most definitely and fits in my camera bag easily...

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I bought a dare2b one for about £40. Really good quality. Massive sale on their website at the moment.

D

Deleted member 27989

I just use a light weight packed raincoat. Might be from regatta of someone like that. Folds up tiny, is super light, stops the rain and wind...Was less than a tenner most definitely and fits in my camera bag easily...
Actually I looked when I walked the dog tonight. Mine is Peter Storm from Millets. My wife said she got it cheaper in store than online :) I have a black one and the cut is not bad either. Definitely works well and kept me dry tonight.

John7

I use a Dickies Arndale waterproof jacket. Has the ability to zip in a fleece liner if a bit of warmth is required. Well made and costs around £20.00.

deantown

Distinguished Member
I was at Fort William the other week and they had outlets (big discounts apparently)for Regatta at each end of the high street. I was wondering if maybe they are going out of business?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I was at Fort William the other week and they had outlets (big discounts apparently)for Regatta at each end of the high street. I was wondering if maybe they are going out of business?
Doubt it. Alot of the outdoor companies have outlets in these kind of places. There's a few around Windermere

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

jon9001

For when it's hot I like jackets with no lining, so just a waterproof shell, and I find pit-zips are a good idea (you have zips in the armpits that you can open for extra ventilation). My favourite is from North Face, but there are others around. Oh and a decent number of pockets.

Should have said - a hard shell/membrane jacket (Goretex, etc.) not a soft-shell or similar. Minimum amount of insulation. Finally - I still think most "breathable" materials are nothing like as breathable as their manufacturers suggest.

petefmb

Standard Member
I have to put my email address in or can't get in to this site. I can't be arsed with this . I should put this in the annoyance thread
Completely agree, business prevention

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022