Can anyone recommend me a cam?

liveforav

Hi Folks, can anyone recommend me a (semi) decent helmet cam for £50? Im not even looking for brand new, so if someone has a good condition 2nd hand one i might be up for buying it.. Going on a wee trip soon so quite fancied getting one.

I've looked on ebay, but there seems to be so many Chinese knockoffs for super cheap that im reluctant to take a gamble. I know its asking a lot but im also looking for hd if pos :rolleyes:

I imagine my chances are slim so maybe 2nd hand is the only option?

Last edited:

DocJackal

I know It's not what you want to hear, but if you can, take the plunge and buy a GoPro.

It's only in the last 1 1/2 - 2 years since decent helmet cams god good, and that has a lot to do with GoPros.

It will work for what you want, I have a friend who has one for 'assessing his riding' as he puts it. I use them for work & have even strapped 5 of them to a biplane - they all held and worked perfect.

Or I guess the other thing, do you have a camcorder already? If so and if it has video input you can buy mini lenses which you stick to your helmet and then plug into the camera in your backpack. That would work well, but depends on what you got already

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom