Can anyone recommend a good TV stand?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JamesP1701, Jun 28, 2015.

1. JamesP1701

JamesP1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    Apologies if this is in the wrong area. We've just moved house (arrghh!) and have a TV fitter out to mount the 55jnch plasma on the wall on Tuesday.

It's currently on the stand however on our unit and we both really like it there (for one thing because it stands further out of the wall it looks bigger!)

The downside however is that I can't put me centre speaker on the top of the TV unit. Can anyone recommend a good unit that would have space for the following:

TV on a stand
    Centre speaker (a B & W htm 62)
    Anthem 510 amp
    Xbox one
    sky HD box.

Any thoughts welcome!

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,412
    There's a dedicated forum here that may be worth a try. Another option to consider is having the centre on a shelf above the TV.

3. stephenbarnes

stephenbarnes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +846
    One option is a regular hifi rack with all components, then a dedicated TV stand, also holding your TV.

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    Its also worth remembering that after a view days vieing, your screen is going to look normal and not big, despite how you mount it. Even a 55incher

5. markgodley

markgodley
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    You could have the best of both worlds and mount it to the wall on a mount that is movable (so you can push it in/out). I recently got this one:
    Intecbrackets® - Extra strong 80kg rating cantilever TV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

This was better for us as the tv stand position was often determined by the position of the tv. As you can see from the below picture, previously i have to angle the stand when the tv was on it, which caused it to block part of the window (my cat loved sitting on it - a great vantage point)

Now i'm able to have my stand which holds my xbox, tvio box etc against the wall on the stand and the freedom to move and angle the tv where i want it, then being able to push it against the wall when im done and most importantly don't have to worry about my little lad being able to pull it down on himself.

Here's how my finished one looks.

Attached Files:

6. snaithg

snaithg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +623
    I bought an absolutely excellent "Whalen" TV stand from Costco a few years back for my 59" Plasma. If you are a Costco member it may be worth a look as they often have similar models available. The best feature for me is that the TV is very securely fitted to the stand by a vertical solid metal joist at the rear of the stand.

Graham.