Question Can anyone recommend a good remote light switch please

Hello,

As my new 'cinema room' is pretty much pitch black now I don't want to be messing about turning the lights off then using my phone light to find my way to my seat and so would like to add a remote controlled light switch.

I don't need anything too fancy - ideal the wall switch/plate will be black and have its own remote or work with a harmony remote. I've got 8 GU10 LED bulbs (dimmable) to turn on/off so nothing too complicated!

I've seen one or two but when I start looking at the reviews etc they don't seem too great so just wondering what you're using please..?

Thanks for the reply - the rako/creston/lutron/control 4 stuff is all lovely but a little ott for my needs I think and certainly a little more than I want to spend :eek:

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
If it's just to get to your seat, could you have something voice controlled? Like an Alexa and an Alexa controlled power socket, with a lamp or strip LED plugged in? Or Phillips Hue type stuff controlled by Alexa? And you may be able to control them with your TV remote too.

Pavey

I use Hive everywhere. My Hive indoor camera (in the cinema) spots me walking down to the cinema and turns on the lights (two inside and two outside) for me before i get there. I can then turn them off using the Alexa in there or the iOS app.

Not massive money and works well.

Distinguished Member
Probably too late now, but I've been using Varilight V-Pro switches for a few years now and find them to be excellent. Cheap, dimmable and already exist on the harmony database.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom