Can anyone recommend a converter for a 120 US HD player to 220 volts for UK?


Active Member
Sorry for asking so many questions but I havent tried using a US product here before. What kind of converter will allow me to use a US 110-120 volt HD player in the UK? Will that cause any problems in PQ etc? I think HD players use only a small amount of electricity so I wont need a very powerful converter.



Well-known Member
You need one with a decent current capacity but yes it will work fine. Lots of people use Toshiba A1, XA1s etc this way.
The one I used was from Maplins; a heavy duty job costing about £30. There may be cheaper ones about but I wanted to play safe.

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
ENSYED, All these questions have been asked many times before and all the info is there in the archives. You will find the search engine very useful here as it will link to threads which will actually link direct to suppliers, recommended models etc. It will be a far better source of info for you than asking lots of small questions in one off threads. There is also a FAQ which although needs pdating contains allot of good info.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom