• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can anyone recomend where I can buy a pair of genuine Ray Ban sunglasses

• Thread starter Deleted member 161415
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 161415

Trod on mine at weekend:( and found my spares have become to scratched whilst in a draw.

Not bought a pay for at least five years so unsure where's best.

Must be genuine

Whilst I am on the subject, does anyone know how to tell if a pair are genuine or not

Thanks
Mark

D

Deleted member 161415

Well I fly from Manchester to Gatwick quite a bit, so I will check them out, am I correct in my assumption that purchasing in an airport will be cheaper than not

Usually I don't even look at the stores, just head straight to BA's lounge

Thanks
Mark

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
Genuine Ray-Bans have the "RB" logo etched into the top corner of one of the lenses.

Steven

Senior Moderator
That'd be an old style. RB have moved back to Italy, but the etchings on both lenses will depend on the style you purchased. I stupidly bought mine from Sunglasses Hut before remembering the internet :suicide:, but can see "Ray Ban" on one lens, and a very subtle "RB" on the other lens

But on the subject of engravings, the model number will be etched on the inside of the frame somewhere, and all RB sold now will come with the leather pouch and cloth which fakes do not typically have

bearman3784

Distinguished Member
If you can't tell whether they are genuine or not doesn't it beg the question "why bother"

i have a pair of real and fake RBs, there is a massive quality difference in the lenses

D

Deleted member 161415

If you can't tell whether they are genuine or not doesn't it beg the question "why bother"

Never looked at it that wy TBH, but good point none the less.

I guess the question stems from feeling the need to be sure that the item purchased is genuine because, I would not want to spend even 1p on a non genuine pair

Mark

Ian J

Banned
Never looked at it that wy TBH, but good point none the less.

I guess the question stems from feeling the need to be sure that the item purchased is genuine because, I would not want to spend even 1p on a non genuine pair

25 years ago I used to have a reasonably good quality counterfeit Gucci watch and whenever people asked me if it was genuine or not I just took it off, handed it to them and said "you tell me"

I did only pay a few pounds for it though

mrapbp

Prominent Member
You can most definately tell the difference between fake and non fake RB's. The quality of the frames and glass are superb on thenew ranges and have all the right UV filters etc.

The fake ones are just crap plain and simple and saying to anyone 'you tell me.........' would make you feel clever/smug for all of about 5 seconds when it became very obvious what the answer was.

Also as someone said earlier putting money into the hands of the fake industry is as good as buying knock of DVD's, drugs or guns (maybe less so the last two but you catch my drift! :rotfl:)

All that said I bought a pair of RB recently and have just noticed a bloody huge scratch through the middle of one of the lenses which looks daft and keeps drawing my eye to it. That was 160.00 well spent...........

Ian J

Banned
You can most definately tell the difference between fake and non fake RB's. The quality of the frames and glass are superb on the new ranges and have all the right UV filters etc.

What's the difference between the Ray Ban glasses that you paid £160 for and say the Polaroids that people like Specsavers sell for £49.99

mrapbp

Prominent Member
Other than they say 'ray ban' on them i dont know, havent had a look at the specsavers glasses.

If I get the chance to compair the two in a unbiased side by side shoot out I will let you know ;)

What's the difference between the Ray Ban glasses that you paid £160 for and say the Polaroids that people like Specsavers sell for £49.99

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom