1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recomend me some good region 1 sites please

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tony kop77, Jan 24, 2003.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I have bought a few dvd films from future entertainment lately and will buy a few more (end of Feb and March mostly some films i like are comeing out then). Future entertainment are good (used them for 3 years) i get films within 48 hours and get the films 1-2 weeks before release date.

Can you give me any good cheap dvd sites please. I know cd wow i bought back to the future from them which was cheap but all other films are only about £1-3 cheaper than future entertainment.

I was thinking of buying some films from either dvd soon or dvdmode though dvd mode dont get films early.

If you want some good sites www.ifilm.com www.comingsoon.net/trailers/ they show you film trailers. I did have one site which had dvd trailers but can no find it now, it seems more films are comeing out on region 1 same time as they hit the cinema in uk Tuxedo, the ring, 8 mile, undercover brother, transporter and many more.

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
  3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Are dvd soon good i heard some people on here had trouble with them saying their films never arrived.

Future entertainment and a lot of others charge about £15-16 a film now so just wanted to try someone cheaper. Dvd soon chage about £10 i think

5. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WWW.dvdmode.com

I've used 'em, and though you might have to spend a bit of time searching, there's bargains to be had.

6. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,813
    I find them the cheapest for new releases around.

7. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    A@B sound seem very cheap but is there a way i can convert it to British punds please so i know exactly how much it is.

Has anyone been charged customs from these people and how long does it take to get the film normally.

As i have said i use future entertainment normally get films within 48 hours though i ordered undercover brother Sunday night and it was dipatched Monday or Tuesday night and have not got it yet, i also think the prices are starting to go up.

Can anyone also tell me if dvd soon are any good becuase i heard people on here have hjad problems in the past.

Febuary and March seems to be big months with releases of 8 mile, ghost ship, the ring along with a few other titles.

9. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    By the way i saw this site in todays Daily Mirror www.pricestorm.com they have blade 2 for £10 along with eposide II and a few other films quite cheap.

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    That was fast thank you :)
    Ok i have just converted it into pounds and basically tuxedo will cost me less than £11 is there a catch will i be charged any hiden extra cotsts like shipping costs.

How long does it normally take for the film to arrive and i have seen a few people on here recomend A@B sound so i will give them a try just want to know how long i have to wait normally and if any hidden costs ie shipping fees and if customs will charge me or should i only order 2 films at a time.

Thank you for your help musch appreciated at these prices i can nearly buy 2 films for the same price of what future entertainemnt charge me

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Postage is $5.95 for 260 grams (equivalent to 2 regular DVDs)

They put the correct price on the parcel, minus the P&P so make sure it doesn't exceed around $40 before P&P (I say $40 because C&E won't use an exact exchange rate so be a bit generous to be safe).

If item is in stock, usually ships in 1-3 working days and then arrives in 4-5 working days.

If item not in stock, can take weeks before they ship it, but you can always cancel at any time.

13. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Thank you :) I guess after postage and packageing i will only save about £3 i would rather pay £3 extra and get the film within 48 hours from futre entertainment.

Now i know how much the films are and they are reliable i will do checks in future on what film i want and go place which is cheapest before i only used future entertainment least i have more options now thank you

14. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're welcome :)

Speed of delivery has never really been important to me - so long as I get it in the end. But that's why I have so many DVDs on order in my DVD profile - they weren't in stock when I ordered them so I'm still waiting for them to ship :D

15. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Just to confirm that you will probably get charged duty & vat if you import a >£18 value package from A&B sound. I have done so 3 times and been 'caught' twice.

DVDSoon mark their packages as CAN$12 value, whatever it may contain.

I can't comment on the customer service of any of the companies I listed as I've never had cause to contact them.

16. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    DVD Soon seem cheap anyone got opions on them. I am tempted to buy blade 2 and Epoisde II for £10 each from pricestorm.

I go through phases where i buy loads of dvd films then i dont buy any for a while, i tend to buy computer games in stead. I only have about 80 films in 3 years mostly region 1. I would rather buy a dvd film for £13 than go cinema and pay £6 though it is ok for a night out but i like to try and buy films before they hit the cinema in the uk.

17. Jade

Jade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think anyone has mentioned www.cd-wow.com - picked up many a bargain from those guys ;)

18. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry Kop this isn't aimed at you, or anyone else

but how many times are we going to get this thread?

how many times do we have the same people recommending the same sites?

how many times do we have the same replies to which dvds are best to test subs etc?

sorry to have a moan

but perhaps when a repeated question comes up perhaps members could just give a link to a past thread?

sorry to be arsey

:(

DVD Site recommendations

Another one of many

I did suggest a sticky for common FAQ, I think it would be useful and easier than searching especially when it has a min length of 3

19. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Thanks for the reply. I clicked on the older threads but they only suggested 2 or sites and 1 was expensive so that did not help much really :(.
    I will use futre entertainment and A@B sounds, they seem to be the cheapest i still dont know if dvd soon anre any good.

Thank you for your help i will do a search and find some other recomended sites

20. glenmus

glenmus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bit late but I find www.dvdpricesearch.com/ useful to at least get a rough idea of North American prices.

Glenn