1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone reccomend a good 36" TV please!??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PrinceOfEgypt, May 24, 2002.

1. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dear All,

Can anyonr recommend a good 36" TV, i have had a panasonic 32pb50, also a philips 329617, any advive would be appreciated, i have considered the toshiba 36" picture frame, but this forum seems to thrive on toshiba picture frame problems!

thanks in advance

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Prince

Dangerous question mate with all us Pixel Plus fans around.

When I was doing the rounds the Tosh was a serious contender, but those dark bars really got to me once I started seeing them. In the end for sheer picture quality it had to be the 9607, and I have to say I'm still loving it after 3 weeks.

3. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Phil,

Are you not concerned that you have a panasonic tube and not the cybertube HD?

4. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    with a question like that, everyone will post on what they have. i have the Toshiba and can live with it. its a case of which one YOU can live with - all 36" TVs to my knowledge, have some kind of fault....sorry, "Hidden Features"involved. hope this helps:confused:

5. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Prince of Egypt, I get a 9607 on Saturday and as far as I'm concerned the tube could be made by Alba, as long as the picture quality is excellent (which it is on the PP sets), then I don't care!!!

Like any technology, if you wait long enough a new product will appear....if you like the look of a tv, just go for it.

Good luck in your search!

B.

6. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Having had a demo of the 9607 and then a demo of the Toshiba
    (I watched the fifth element R1 all the way through on both sets)
    The Toshiba is without doubt the best for picture quality.
    So I bought it and love it yes it does have its faults the black lines either side but they are only noticable on certain things.

I find it noticeable on sky digital watching the cricket through RGB
    Then it is only slightly noticeable you can get rid of them with some tinkering with the brightness and contrast etc.

Every 36inch tv will have it's problems but for me the toshiba is the best on the market at the moment and I an very very happy with my set.

7. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 36PW9607 phillips - am i bothered about it being a pana tube - nope - cracking set and i love it :)

I will admit though that prior to purchasing i was a bit bothered about it being a pana tube - but tbh i cant see why i was bothered - as i said its a cracking set.

Spike

8. ums69

ums69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After seven (7) TV, I am finally happy with my Philips 36" PW9767 with Quintrix F tube.

It seems that this model is not available in UK. Wonder why because this 9767 has nearly everything.

http://www.press.ce.philips.com/view.pl?id=220

After comparing to other brands (and the old Philips 36" 9525), I really can say that this P+ on Philips new 36" models, 9607,9527 and 9767(Quintrix F), makes a difference :D

It should be even better with HD Cybertube and P+.

It starts with 9527 and soon every HighEnd models from Philips are going to have HD Cybertube. And no more 36" from Panasonic. But this tube is probably the best for now according to EISA Awards price for best TV 2001/2002. (36" Quintrix F tube). :)

http://www.eisa-awards.org/awards/2001-2002/video.htm