Can anyone reccomend a 40' or 42' plasma or LCD for £700 or less?

m28red

Ex Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy ASAP so if anyone knows of any good deals it would be much appreciated.

My requirements are that its good for movies and football and ideally built in freeview.

1080 isn't essential as long as it has a good picture anyway.

Currently have a rear projection thats ancient so will be a big step up for me whatver I get.

Many thanks,

after much looking around i've settled for the 40v3000.

dragged the missus round comet & dixons numerous times, available to pick up for around £700 if you look around.

my other choice was gonna be the Samsung LE40M87 - comet have it for £699 this weekend

IMO the sammy is a nicer looking TV but hear there is more problems with it and it has a very reflective screen which could be a problem if its facing a window

after looking over the forum i beleive these are the best choices, but i think ts down to personal opinion from there:D

If you get LCD there is no reason to get a 40S3000 while you can get a 40V3000 which is excellent model.

Me and a friend went shopping just after xmas for him to get an LCD. Found Empire Direct selling the 40V3000 for £649 instore, and got John Lewis to price match it (they had it for £949) so he got the 5 yr warrenty. Just looked on their (Empire) website, same set there, but gone up to £749.99, so if you can squeeze the extra £50 over your budget, you could get JL to match it for the 5 yr warrenty?

if your watching sports a 100hz lcd is your best option

i honestly dont know much about non 1080p TVs beause i've been so set on 1080p myself. i would imagine your best option is to go to the top end of your budget to "futurproof" you investment.

Is the Sony 40V3000 a 100 hz?

As I'm edging towards getting this one.

Its not 100Hz but not a real problem I would say

whats the special on this set?its price is way expensive there are way better branded sets at this price

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom