1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone provide a link for thearter tek trial download

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by newstuart, Apr 13, 2005.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    i HAVE just installed MCE2005 and would like to play video TS files in MYmovies. apparently i need thearter tek to do this but the only site i can find wants £55 for a download and does not offer a trial.
    can anyone provide a link as to where i can get a trial version or offer any other suggestions ?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Since you've been to TT's web site you know there is no trial version .. any link someone could provide would be a cracked version.

The 7-day refund method Andrew uses is a PITA I agree, but that's the way he does business and I have never read of anyone being refused a refund.

3. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    You don't have to use theatertek, it is just an option for those that prefer it and want to use ffdshow post processing. If you have any MCE supported DVD codec installed the file should play within MCE (powerDVD6, WinDVD6, Nvidia DVD).

4. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    thanks for your replies.
    I have installed a trial versin of both the Nvidia Decoder and PowerDVD.
    when i go into my movies and select my film (which is a dvd ripped with DVD decrypter as video.TS files) I get the message "media center can not open the file" any ideas what im doing wrong please ?

5. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do I use Theatretek to play movies within MCE. How do I even know what is being used? I installed the Nvidia codecs to get it working. Then I installed powerDVD 6, but I don't think this changed anything within MCE. I then bought installed Theatertek. I haven't noticed any options anywhere that allow me to chose which codecs/program to use for watching movies.

6. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    Can you play a normal DVD from disc by using the 'Play DVD' button in the start menu of mce? If not then your system is not configured properly, if you can then it is just My Movies that is not configured properly.

lisa

7. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    OK two things,
    First use this to check your decoders and choose which one MCE is using as preferred. Also when playing a film if you minimise the window a small icon should appear by the clock in the task bar where you can change the decoder settings.

Secondly, make sure you have the newest version of My Movies you can select 'use Theatertek' in the My Movies settings, and as long as you have Theatertek installed on your system MCE will then open the film within the Theatertek player instead of within the MCE interface.

lisa

8. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lisa, you're a star!
    I had an older version of My Movies which didn't have the option of chosing Theatertek.
    Now, not only will I get a better picutre (hopefully), but you have sorted out my biggest problem with MCE. I have ripped all my DVDs to my hard drive, but only the film itself and DD & DTS soundtracks (no menus). Until now I had no way of picking the DTS soundtrack over the DD, but Theatertek allows me to set a preference of DTS over DD. So, now all my DTS films will play in DTS and all others will default to DD.
    Now it seems Theatetek just crashes after opening! Doh!

9. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi sorry for delay in reply, #
    Lisa I can playn normal dvds inserted into the pc through MCE, I have downloaded the app on your ink and I have the NVIDA and Power DVD 6 on there. Ive just tried both to play a movie from the hardrive (ripped straight from DVD decrypter) and still no luck I get the message
    "media center can not open the file"
    The ripped dvd also shows in MyVideos but if i try to play it i get a
    "there are no folders" message
    however if i use power DVD out of MCE they play fine

Im confused !!

10. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    also to add
    the file path ive loaded into MYMovies for the film is
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\Wicker park

11. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    The guy who writes My Movies offers very good support, you could try and ask for help here

Have you the latest version of My Movies (1.23)? And all the ripped files need to be in one folder, like you say 'Wicker Man' and make sure that within edit collection you have directed MCE to the right folder for that film entry.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm stumped!

12. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    Hurray :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

Booooooo :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

13. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stuart
    I'm not sure about My Movies, but My Videos won't play any VOB files unless they are in a folder called VIDEO_TS.
    If the IFO & VOB files are here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\Wicker park then it won't recognise them.
    Instead you have to put them in here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\Wicker park\VIDEO_TS\
    Should be worth a try.

14. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    cracked it, I didnt have the Video_ts file in the path! thanks for all your help