Question Can anyone point me to alignment protractor for Rega

Pollywoggle

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a downloadable and printable alignment protractor for a Rega Planar turntable.
I believe a Stevenson type is suitable for 2 point alignment and Regas?
I have searched around but when I get into sites offering them I hit seem to hit difficulties.

I thought I had cracked it as I know Vinyl Engine have them free for members but they are not allowing new registrations at the moment so I have missed the boat 🙁
Many thanks👍

here's a link to a generic stevenson and a rega stevenson you can print off, make sure you check dimensions after printing though.

Edit - sorry - didn't ready the last paragraph but will leave it here for others in the future.

Thank you very much!

Hello everybody and hello to oscroft and Pollywoggle!

I just got the same Problem as pollywoggle, could you just do me the same favour like you did for pollywoggle? there is just no way finding a downloadable alignment protractor.

many greetings from germany!

i got a rega planar 3 and a rb 250 tonearm. it has to be fixed with three bolts. i think the original rega alignment protractor will do the job?

Hello everybody and hello to oscroft and Pollywoggle!

I just got the same Problem as pollywoggle, could you just do me the same favour like you did for pollywoggle? there is just no way finding a downloadable alignment protractor.

many greetings from germany!
Sure, I'll get the available Rega protractors from VinylEngine and I'll send you a PM.

maybe another question:
why are there 2mm-distance spacers for the underneath of tonearms available? when do i need one?

maybe another question:
why are there 2mm-distance spacers for the underneath of tonearms available? when do i need one?
If you change the cartridge or platter / mat, it could cause you tone arm to not be level which in turn means the stylus is at the wrong angle. So adding shims adjusts the height so the arm can be level.

So if you add a thicker mat / platter or a bigger cart (height wise) then you would add a shim under the tonearm.

Hi Does anyone know where i can download the stock rega protractor? just the standard for the 3 point fixing. Oscroft do you know, i cant see it on vinyl engine either.

Ive got a baerwald and stevenson protractor. Will send via pm

Hi, I’m in the same boat and looking for a ref’s protractor if anyone can help me out?

Cheers, sven

Sorry. That was meant to read rega protractor. Autocorrect!! If anyone can help send one that’d be great. Many thanks!

@rayjazz @svenb12 see your inboxes.

Also @rayjazz I would edit your post to remove your email address, so its not on public display.

Hi Newbie on here, and looking for the Rega Baerwald and Stevenson protractors. Can't register on Vinyl Engine to get a copy.

Any other links would be much appreciated.

Paul

I also need to change my cart. Trying to weight up if I should have a go at this myself (never done this before) or just pay the store (I presume they would charge a fee) to fit it for me. I found a protractor with the manual for my Project turntable. I presume this will do the job right? or are the above more accurate / better?

How important is it to have the electronic scales for this job too? and if so any budget friendly recommendations on that please?

Apologies in advance if this is seen as a deviation from the OP question.

Not too sure of your Project protractor but a standard Ortofon off fleabay will do through job. At the same time pick up an electronic cartridge scales, you will need them.

Hello guys, i'm in need too! My vinylengine account was shut down due to inactivity, i have the stupid protractors (Baerwald and Stevenson) but since i'd like to set everything again i was checking for new protractors for Regas and i found there are the Baerwald and Stevenson for Rega, so i'd like to give them a shot if anyone would be so kind to pm me those pleassssseeeee!!
Thank you and have a nice day!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom