Quantcast

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Set up tethering on T-Mobile JB / UL

mickyd67

On 3.1.2?

Really cautious just now doing a lot of things because I most certainly don't want to restore my phone anytime soon or I'll, potentially, end up stuck on 3.1.3 and not be able to use my T-Mobile sim.

Many thanks.

cyrus-t

Novice Member
if you go to help.benm.at on your iphone browser, and use the appropriate profile, you should be all set.

I'm on t-mobile (unlocked from o2 but not jb) and it works fine for me.

pdiddy

Get mywi on cydia, easiest way and no charges as long as you don`t take the mickey.

mickyd67

The same thing seems to have happened to me here that has happened before.

I can get online on the laptop via Bluetooth / USB through the iPhone. Which is great.

The problem is though: it stops the phone being able to pick up my WiFi signal at home, and everywhere else presumably. This is not so great. When I go into Settings > Wi-Fi > Choose a Network... it doesn't display any networks.

My network is 100% working (I'm on it just now) and the phone cannot see it.

Any idea how I can fix this? Something is messing with the phone settings and is 'blocking' the Wi-Fi for some reason.

Cheers.

mickyd67

OK - did a fair bit of uninstalling stuff, and re-installing stuff. To the point where I thought I was going to totally wreck the phone setup.

Anyway, I uninstalled Blacksn0w, and re-installed it and it seemed to work.

Tethering seems to work now too.

Bloody minefield all of this. :thumbsdow

mickyd67

I can access Wi-Fi no problem using my iPhone, it has worked since day 1.

However about 6 weeks ago I decided to try and set up tethering so I could hook my laptop up whilst out and about, with the view of getting a netbook in the future as well.

I have an O2 PAYG iPhone, it's JB & UL to allow me to use my T-Mobile sim & plan. It's on 3.1.2 FW

Over the last few days I decided to try again - initially I could get tethering to work, but it would disrupt my Wi-Fi connection. I couldn't 'see' any networks listed when I installed MyWi; I had problems with that programme as well.

I tried another patch via Cydia - that initially worked, but again disrupted my Wi-Fi access.

Got to the point where I thought I couldn't get Wi-Fi back, had to then un-install & re-install Blacksn0w.

All back to square 1 just now - but I need a solution that will work for me for tethering if anyone can help.

Thanks

hutch

Threads merged, quite why you have started another thread im not sure...

Phil-W-

Standard Member
Did you ever manage to resolve this? I've recently got a 3gs through t-mobile (fw 3.12 & JB with blackrain) and Im having the same problem. Everytime I set up tethering it's screwing up my wifi

mickyd67

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I've recently got a 3gs through t-mobile (fw 3.12 & JB with blackrain) and Im having the same problem. Everytime I set up tethering it's screwing up my wifi
I did - but I'll need to remember how I done it and I'll need to do it myself again as I restored to 3.1.3 and had to get an official unlock from O2 use my T-Mobile sim.

I'll have a dig around to find the solution and post a reply.

Top Bottom