Can anyone make a recommendation for 5.1?

Sainter

Novice Member
Hey guys,

I have a living room around 7x6 meters, not very big but my viewing distance from the TV is just over 3m.

I just bought a UE65NU8000 which is getting delivered today.

I am trying to work out what is going to be my best sound option. My goal is for something truly immersive where you hear the sound and say 'WOW'. Loudness is never important to me as I am living in a terraced new build house, but quality at low-medium volumes is the most important bit.

I was looking at a few 5.1 options and was curious what everyone would say. My budget is maximum £350 but would ideally like to spend £250.

Logitech Z906 - Massive reduction right now to £197, its just I am worried these are more for 'gamers' rather than for movie use.

Sony BDV-E41000 - I love how the two front speakers are tall pillars.

Any suggestions guys ? :)

gibbsy

The Sony will be the best for you, certainly far better than just using the TV's speakers. Even you maximum of £350 is just going to get the very basic entry level system but will give you a taste of what immersive sound can do.

password1

to get the best sound for your money you will need to buy used especially if you don't already have an av receiver. there are lots of options to suit the room. do you need something small snd doace saving, do you have space for stands or free standing speakers. can you wall mount, do u have a preference on style or aesthetics...will you be using it for music or just tv/films

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom