• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Can anyone identify this type of port for me?

Mattrtnz

Novice Member
Im wondering if anyone will be able to help me? I have uploaded a picture of a port on a device which I believe to be a type of USB port however I can’t find any online for purchase?

I am hoping someone will be able to help me identify the type of port that this is and maybe even post a link to somewhere that I can purchase a cable with this port on it for charging purposes?

Thankyou and I look forward to the responses.

Attachments

• 9349124D-EA77-47F7-BA16-C03FBAD5DE4A.jpeg
    9349124D-EA77-47F7-BA16-C03FBAD5DE4A.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 109

Jamie

Distinguished Member
It looks like it might possibly be a Mini USB. Not that common these days but if you have access to a PS3 the controller's use Mini USB, everything else has pretty much moved on to Micro USB or USB-C

What device is it on? A quick Google of the specs might confirm the port type.

20190228_172140.jpg

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
It got depreciated for USB 3 devices which is why you don't see it often anymore, the USB standards body wasn't happy with the durability.

It's the Mini B receptacle specifically, but Mini A wasn't used much so most references to USB mini will be for the B connector.

Don't get it mixed up with Micro connectors.

PerfectBlue97

Established Member
Yup, it's a USB Mini-B. You still see these a lot on imported Chinese electronics like MP3 players and wireless headphones.

BlooNinja

Novice Member
USB Mini-B. You can find it on a lot of older cameras, PSPs and similar consoles, etc. I can't imagine that cable would be hard to find in an IT store.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom