1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by jonnyboy2, Sep 25, 2003.

1. jonnyboy2

jonnyboy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I'm a bit of a Newbie to all this. I need to get hold of a remote for a Pioneer VSA-E06 AV Amplifier but the price for a replacement is 134 pounds! Is it possible to get a universal remote that can store all the features of the original remote and programme it with the correct codes and if so how would I go about this, any recommendations?
    :confused:

2. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
  3. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hang on. If I read this correctly, JohnnyBoy only wants a replacement for his one remote, and it has to come in at less than £134?

If those are the requirements, then surely a Pronto is (a) overkill and (b) even more expensive?

4. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    If you read he said "all the features of the original....", if it is anything like my AV amp control you have to put all the surround sound setup buttons and much more.
    You can pick up a 940 for around £90 to £100 at least then you can down load the CCFs giving you a like for like control. Plus also you may as well then put your DVD control and other equipment onto it. Looks like your amp probably cost you over £1,000 so really is £90 to £100 a lot of money for a control. :rolleyes:

BTW, did your AMP control have a LCD screen??

5. jonnyboy2

jonnyboy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys
    The 940 might be the way to go. If I can pick one up for 90 to 100 pounds the would be ok and at least as Mark says I can use it to control other equipment as well. I've just bought the Amp off Ebay so I'm not sure if the remote had an LCD screen.

6. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Hi Jonny,
    Just been to remotecentral and I have found this. Even though it says it is for the Philips TS-1000 it will still work on the 940.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bi...templates/complete_system/stephen-hoy_ccf.zip

If you put a wanted Thread up in the classified then I am sure one will come up eventually or from time to time Rcher Sounds have deals but phone them as they do not normally advertise this. :)