• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can anyone help with a Denon 1803 reset

cashandjr4459

Novice Member
Can anyone help with a denon AVRIL 1803 reset? I tried pushing the zone 2 and surround back buttons, but when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Make sure the Denon is completely powered off (not in Standby). Hold down the Zone 2 and Surround Back buttons on the front panel whilst turning the main power back on. Keep holding down the buttons for a few seconds and the display should start flashing and reset the unit.

cashandjr4459

Novice Member
Thank you for your reply, it apparently is in standby mode because the power will no come on...I have to unplug press the 2 buttons and plug it in...the display flashes then once I release the buttons about 10 seconds it goes off and the standby lite flashes.

Jase

Distinguished Member
It's resetting but something else is causing it to trip and shut down again. Check that there aren't any stray speaker wires touching the casing. Also worth unplugging every single cable and then seeing if it powers up. If it does, it's one of the cables and if it doesn't, the unit has a fault so would need repairing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom