1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help me with my plasma question please? Need help :)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Unlight, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hey there,

Im about to buy a plasma (cant wait!!) - most likely the good old panny 6 from AV Sales :)

Im not going to get the tuner, and currently dont have sky, so my plan is to buy a digibox (or one of the humax HDD recorders) to use as a tuner.

Also going to be connected is the following :

Xbox - hopefully via component
    PS2 - RGB
    Freeview - RGB?
    Gamcube - again hopefully via component
    DVD Player - Component

What boards/ adaptors do I need to get then? I presume that If I got one with an RGB Scart Board in it, I could hook up the PS2 and Freeview boxes via some kind of switcher?

For the DVD player, I take it I could get some component to VGA cable and make use of the VGA slot on the plasma - is there any way of hooking up another couple of sources to the VGA input via this method, or will I need to get an extra component board and again have some kind of switching device?

Any help would be much appreciated, as Im a bit confused about it all :)

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You've got a lot of sources there. An AV amp would help, you could switch a couple of component sources with it, then have 1 scart, 1 component into VGA and 1 component board. I'd just daisy chain the PS2 onto freeview. (scart switch if you have no 2nd scart, or even buy a new freeview, they're cheap enough, and stick that one in the bedroom.) A 2nd VGA card instead of scart, and a JS RGB to VGA box will improve picture, but you could do that later as long as you can cable for it later.