Can anyone help me with Dreamweaver?

jsniper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Basically I've got to make a website for uni and we have to use Dreamweaver, I can't get my head round it and to be honest it is my own fault for not paying more attention in lectures.

All I really want to know is do you guys know of any good tutorials or books or anything like that to help me with my issue?

If you make a new 'template' and choose a column one with fixed/fluid - you're half way there :) it'll create all the css for you

If you make a new 'template' and choose a column one with fixed/fluid - you're half way there :) it'll create all the css for you

Awesome. I'll have a look see and see what I can get from it. I just want to get this work done. I'm not bothering with the web module next year. It just does not tickle my pickle!

if you have an specific queries I will try to advise.

Cheers dude. I've just clicked a template and I'm gonna see how I get on with it. I figure that as long as I can get it all sorted out with layout and the like it will be easier to get everything sorted. If I can get the whole site constructed that will be cool as I'll worry about content at the end.

Quick question for anyone with the knowledge. Can i change the name of my folder that has everything for my site in without having to change it in DW manually?

Quick question for anyone with the knowledge. Can i change the name of my folder that has everything for my site in without having to change it in DW manually?

think dreamweaver picks it all up dynamically, unless your using a test web server and are pointing to it somewhere else i.e linux box that you ftp to check in / out your files, in which case you would prob have to redefine your connection url's. Been a while since i have used a local file system so i'd be careful there if you think its going to cause you a headache to resolve - which it shouldnt really.

good luck with the project.

If you change the name of the root folder, I believe you will have to redefine the root of the site, else it will not find your files.

ie. if you have the site setup as

c:\inetpub\www\websitea

and you change it to

c:\inetpub\www\websiteb

You will need to change where Dreamweaver looks for the files.

it's quite easy though, once changed in the filesystem open dreamweaver, dropdown the list of sites and 'manage sites' you can change it there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom