Can anyone help identify this van (grainy photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The **** who owns this van is a fly tipper and I want to track his company down.. As you can see the CCTV still is far from great, all I have is a company logo with some text I can't make out!

I need something to go by in order to start searching, was wondering if any bright spark could possibly work out from the logo on the bonnet, what kind of trade it could belong to?

23qyrnd.jpg

I don't think even photoshop could enhance that? I'd love to be proved wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Even if you did, if it was "travellers", when they buy a used van from a legitimate business owner, they don't necessarily rremove that business signage, though if you traced that it would lead to the vehicle reg and supposedly to the current owner.

Little more than a hunch but could it be a joinery company?

Little more than a hunch but could it be a joinery company?

The logo does suggest a building trade, been looking through google images with local tags although not found it yet. Problem is, it could come from any area although I'm determined to find the dirty bastards.

Do you know the reg or has the IR on the CCTV whited it out?

Have you tried Google's search via image feature? If you separate the logo out...

Do you know the reg or has the IR on the CCTV whited it out?

Have you tried Google's search via image feature? If you separate the logo out...

It was a neighbours camera, he caught everything on his recording although nothing very clearly, if he'd of parked 5 meters nearer I'd have caught the lot. I'll try that Google images tip though.

What are they fly tipping? What have the local authority said?

What are they fly tipping? What have the local authority said?

Loads of rubbish including 2 asbestos roofing sheets, LA have more or less dismissed it saying in their experience don't think their is enough to find those responsible. I disagree, that business logo is fairly clear! Seems like it's too much like hard work for them.

Does sound like a roofing company then if they're dumping asbestos sheets.

Fly tipping is bad in my area, I cycle on by-ways and the ridgeway and there's rubbish everywhere :(:mad:

Does sound like a roofing company then if they're dumping asbestos sheets.

Fly tipping is bad in my area, I cycle on by-ways and the ridgeway and there's rubbish everywhere :(:mad:

There was also big industrial sized drums of cooking oil with smaller plastic containers, a real mixed lot. I've moved my wife's car off of the drive tonight opposite facing that section. Her dash cam has excellent night capabilities so if they come back tonight, I might get lucky.

Flytippers really wind me up. You never seem to catch anyone doing it but every couple of days someone has dumped a mattress outside my flat. Really annoying. Good luck and I hope you catch the dirty scum and they get prosecuted.

are there any traveller camps in the surrounding areas.. it could be parked in one when not out fly tipping or at a job.

do you know the colour of the logo..it might help.

did you cstch their faces on cameea?

There were 2 blokes, both wearing high viz jackets, it happened at 2:30am although the footage is next to useless, no detail of any description. I think the logo is white on a silver transit and it looks like the logo is also on the rear offside quarter.

There were 2 blokes, both wearing high viz jackets, it happened at 2:30am although the footage is next to useless, no detail of any description. I think the logo is white on a silver transit and it looks like the logo is also on the rear offside quarter.

I pulled the image apart. Pixels are too big relative to the letters to resolve anything legibly meaningful.

Numberplate has nothing.

The writing underneath the logo might say Epsom , Ealing or Essex

The second line might read a name . There seems to be an “I” followed by a name given the space. Could be a phone number but can’t see why it would start with 1.

The lower line is illegible , might be “merchant” or a phone number .

These are just guesses based on many years image analysis as the processing doesn’t really make it more legible .

It could just say “Hiring” “I’m available” “phone number” smaller case.

Might be a van rental co.

Logo is your best bet for identification.

probably the worst logo I've ever seen!

I pulled the image apart. Pixels are too big relative to the letters to resolve anything legibly meaningful.

Numberplate has nothing.

The second line might read a name . There seems to be an “I” followed by a name given the space. Could be a phone number but can’t see why it would start with 1.

These are just guesses based on many years image analysis as the processing doesn’t really make it more legible .

Thanks very much, really appreciate your efforts. I've been trawling Google for days now, really very little to go by although I will try again with the Epsom, Ealing and Essex possibilities. :)

Numberplate has nothing.

Is this image any better?

Attachments

• try2.jpg
    try2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 362
I would google roofing companies as the logo represents a chimney/roof.

I wondered if it would be recognisable by Google image search :D answer is no.

roofing.png

Don’t know whether I’m allowed to ‘promote’ other websites, but try Pistonheads - there are some amazing amateur sleuths on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom