Can anyone help fix hitachi 42pd5000 ?

adm1988

Standard Member
hi,
i have the hitachi 42pd5000 recently developed a 1.5inch black vertical bar down the middle of the screen,
I will send £20 through paypal as a donation to anyone who can tell me how to fix it and it works, i did post this on here before but got no replies...

ive researched how to fix this and thought id give it a go but when i got the tv down to the ribbon cable i wasnt sure which part to solder as the "100 resistors" ive heard so much about arent there, instead mine looks like this:

ive soldered over the green circled parts incase these might be the problem but this got me nowhere

Does anyone know where to solder to get rid of the black bar, i really dont want to pay a tv repair man to do it, they charge £65 just to diagnose the problem!

heres a pic of the back of the tv, but if your reading this you probably already know what it looks like, if you could point me in the direction of what to run my soldering iron over id be very grateful,

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom