1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone give me a tip on installation

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by superste, May 30, 2003.

1. superste

superste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok this is just a summation if anyone can help if i wont work i am not that bothered cause i have 1 alrady good home cinema in another room

goodmans 28" tv only has 2 scart sockets. also has the front 3 sockets but that is not really important

sky box -2 scart and the left and right audio out

philips home cinema kit - DvD 5 speakers and subwoffer

i also have a vcr but that is not important

so if any knows how to fix this up so i can listen to any type of dolby when watching sky thanks a lot cause i want to watch movies in dolby but at the mo i can only watch dvd. and i dont mind what type of dolby it is just as long as it is one

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check back of your TV for stereo phono outs (red and white), the one's at the front will be ins so they need to be at the back to be outputs. Run a stereo cable from this to a stereo phono input in the back of your home cinema system wherever all the plugs plug in. This will play sound from your TV through your home cinema surround system, and give you Dolby Pro Logic I/II. So everything that runs through your TV (VCR, Games Console, Sky Box etc.) will get outputted through your surround system.

3. superste

superste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the help but at the moment there is an audio out on the sky box so i use this to connect to the sub woofer but this only allows me to listen to everything in stero sound so all the speakers are producing the same noise. i am new to this home entertainement but i am not sure if my subwoofer and all decodes analouge sound into digital except for the dvd player. do you know how i can be certain and how to know if a one does because i might take this one back and get a new one

ps is a stero cable the same as a phono one

4. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a bit confused by your setup. Is your DVD player a standalone player or is it part of your Home Cinema system? Why are you connecting your Sky box to the subwoofer, do all the leads run out from your subwoofer to your other speakers? If this is so then I suspect that all the amplification and decoding are done inside the subwoofer box, is this correct, or does your DVD player do any decoding?

Bear in mind that you can only get Dolby Pro Logic 1 and 2 sound from analogue sources such as your TV and skybox when they are connected via stereo phono cables. The surround sound mix is generating by your surround sound processor analysing the stereo signal and working out where sounds should be place. To set this just select Dolby Pro Logic mode on your home cinema system for the input your skybox/TV is connected into.

Your DVD player will be capable of Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS via a digital cable (either optical or co-axial) unless it's integrated as part of your home cinema system.

If you answer my above questions I may to able to help you more. Cheers!