Can anyone giude me to MCE executible files ?

fraggle

Good luck trying to find any command line parameters for the "ehome" program files (have a look at setup logs, epecially the MSI logs for possible clues), but what you could do is launch MCE, and then use keyboard shortcuts to control it.

All you need then is either a little piece of software to inject virtual keypreses or a hardware device that creates keypresses when programmed to. Both easy to do.

Another place you may want to ask is in the MCE Microsoft forums, the MCE developers hang out there, and if anyone knows, they will.

newstuart

I had thought of keyboard shortcuts and have found all the ones I would need but I have no idea how to utulise that to make a executible file, for example arrow up on the keyobard is the same as the MCE remote arrow up but I would need a way to have an executible command to effectivly "press" arrow up once.

I want to ask on thegreenbutton but registered last Friday and am still waiting for a confirmation email before I can post

babaroga

newstuart

Thanks for the links I will have a look at them, I have all ready seen the MCE Controller one and hoped it would sort my problem but I havent worked a way to utulise it yet. The simplist way would be if i can make a executable file for each keyboard shortcut and then direct each button on the H/A software to the relevant shortcut - Im sure there must be a way to do this I just cant find it :(

fraggle

newstuart said:
Thanks for the links I will have a look at them, I have all ready seen the MCE Controller one and hoped it would sort my problem but I havent worked a way to utulise it yet. The simplist way would be if i can make a executable file for each keyboard shortcut and then direct each button on the H/A software to the relevant shortcut - Im sure there must be a way to do this I just cant find it :(
What you need is a little program that you run and pass which keys you want "pressed" to it, like this one
http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~frink/nt.html
(scroll down and look for "pushkeys")

Or
http://www.alan-warriner.co.uk/soft.htm

If those don't suit what you need email me exactly what keys you need to send and I can write a little program to do it.

newstuart

Thanks I will have a look at them now, not quite sure how to use this to create executable programs for each command quite yet (but hoping I can get my head around it :cool: ).

What I need to ideally achieve is a file full of shortcuts to run each command for MCE as a .exe file. I can then create/assingn a button within the home automation software which will execute that file.

For example I create/assign a button on the home automation software that executes a command for play, another button for stop etc etc

babaroga

why don't you just use Girder ?

newstuart

Right, it looks as though I may be getting somewhere, I have found that if i go into start/run and paste this -

%SystemRoot%\EHOME\EHSHELL.EXE /HOMEPAGE:pHOTOS.XML /PUSHSTARTPAGE:TRUE

It launches "MY PICTURERS", I have various other commands for most of the functions I need, what i need to do now is find a way of making that a executable command and then saving it to launch from my desktop, any suggestions ?:lease:

jaymz

Put in a text file with a .bat extension (dos batch file) and double click it?

jaymz

Do not use Word as it will have lots MS binary formatting rubbish with it!!

Use something simple like wordpad or notepad.

When you save check the filename is text.bat and NOT text.bat.txt or something similar. (you might need to change your explorer setting so it shows file extensions).

Double clicking it should start up a DOS command prompt with the text you have entered on the screen and then close the prompt.

jaymz

start > run > notepad

babaroga

just a tip, girder before version 3.2 was shareware......

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom