1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone diagnose this please ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by audiop, Dec 31, 2004.

1. audiop

audiop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC 32" 100hz CRT widescreen TV 3 weeks old. All is well apart from an intermittent flash of black and white horizontal bars across the screen which occurs only when there is a change of scene or a change of camera angle.

Now this happens so quickly that you sometimes have to look hard to actually see it, its like one of those old subliminal adverts ! The bars appear only for a fraction of a second. Each bar is perhaps 0.5cm deep and the bars go right across the screen.

What is confusing is that it seems to be random, i.e it does not happen at evry scene change or every camera change, sometimes its quite rare, and other times fairly frequent.

This happens with both the analogue aerial programmes and the sky digital (via scart) signals, but does not appear whilst playing a DVD.

I need to check out all possible causes before calling out a service engineer.

2. Doctorb

Doctorb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hmmm, could be an auto format problem. Not sure if the JVC's have a setting to switch off the auto format, if so switch it off. Try changing the aspect ratio to 16:9 rather than the auto setting and see if there is any difference.