1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone answer this question ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by paulcollins14, Jun 24, 2003.

1. paulcollins14

paulcollins14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone answer this question ?

Why do Bose seem to advertise heavily in What Hifi ? magazine yet their av products never seem to be reviewed or appear in the buyers guide.

Just wondered.

2. richkeys

richkeys
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe there's a s**t hot advertising salesperson at what hifi or the marketing team at bose have too much money coz the equipment is so expensive!

3. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I belive it's part of the marketin strategy of Bose not to have their products tested. They are a very image driven company that have built their reputation through advertising and marketing and making 'life style' friendly products. The producs does not often do well in a review as most reviews look at the technical and sonic performance of the system, not it's 'look and feel'.

The Bose products are rated highly by the general public which speaks volumes for a good advertising and product strategy. Dig a little deeper and you get a different story, just do a search on here!

I know plenty of people with Bose setups in cars and at home that are very happy with them........ well not everyone has taste! :)

4. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    bose products do get reviewed from time to time and thay are usually kinda average. saying that, its down to your lifestyle - if you have to have something small and discrete and like the sound, then who's to say don't buy it. most people, once they have heard a setup for similar money will then say/realise that bosse isn't good but slagging it off without listening to it is just wrong. btw, i don't own or work for bose - i think that a lot of people are too quick to judge without testing for themselves (that and i am a bit drunk right now:blush:)

5. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    BTW - I wasn't slagging Bose of, I have had demo's and been impressed, but as mentioned - when demoed against other similar price system you realise there is something lacking in the Bose setup.

6. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    jhjerpe, don't get me wrong, i'm not havin a go, i was simply making a point - i did not mean any offense to anyone!

7. bunkerbuster2

bunkerbuster2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bose advertise over a huge variety of media..
    It's part of the reason they have such a well known (if rubbish) brand

8. markbuffyfan

markbuffyfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bose are not rubbish !!! the speakers are sold as a lifestyle product for people whom have non understanding wives or like the idea of minimilistic visuals.The bit they def lack is the upper mid region which due to the laws of physics they cannot achieve with the sun sat offering inspite of some good equalisation.People pays there money and make the choice and if you want bells whisltes and bangs they are a good choice just not to hot on the speech passages due to the aforementioned upper mid and the speed of movement possible in the cubes due to the cone size.

9. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kef Eggs are lifestyle. But they're cheaper, are two way speaker designs, better build, and have a crossover in the speaker.

Not bad for £600 for a 5.1 system... Bose? £1500. For plastic cabs, single paper driver, no speaker crossover in the speakers.