Can anyone answer a query about the Sony NW A55L player?

Loofer 2

I listen mostly to podcasts and a bit of music on my players and on my old i-river H320 with Rockbox installed I could bookmark a podcast, jump to some music then come back to the bookmark. It would pick up mid podcast where the book mark was created then play the podcast and move on to the next one in the list, exactly as you would want.

With the Sony if I bookmark a podcast and come back, firstly it won't mark my place in the podcast (which might be 1.5 hours + long) it starts at the beginning but more annoyingly when it's finished playing, it won't move onto the next podcast in the folder it moves onto the next bookmark in the list. This means you have to manually go looking for the next episode and some of these things have hundreds of entries in multiple folders which is a real pain.

Is there any way to configure the player to play the next track/podcast and not the next bookmark? I've looked into putting Rockbox on it but there isn't a version available.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom