• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

can any1 help on laptop with wireless

jackdaniel5

Standard Member
can anyone help with with laptop on wireless? i have a fujitsu siemens lap top and when i swicth it on and everythings running the wireless should i think pick up the signal automatically but it doesnt and i cant find anything in the menus to sort this problem out ....so what i have done for now is use my belkin wireless adaptor to get it going b ut i dont want this to be a permanent thing seem as i paid a lot of money for this....any ones help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

Kelltic

Prominent Member
Assuming the laptop has built in wireless - check under Network Connections->Wireless Connection and see if its turned on (sometimes builtin isnt on by default), check if there are any hardware problems with it (through Device Manager). If there are problems, you could try new drivers for it, try carrying it about the house to see if the wireless just has a poor signal etc.

If its turned on, has no reported faults, has up to date drivers and you still cant see any wireless networks it may be faulty and require a call back to point of sale.

jackdaniel5

Standard Member
thanks for that...it has a swicth at the front which is obviously switched on but ill try device manager otherwise i think ill be taking it back because im not the only person to try ande sort this out....anyone else had problems with wireless on fujitsu siemens laptops?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom