• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can any UHD player play without freezing

AKC

Established Member
I have a Sony UBP-700x and found uhd multi layer discs called bd100 freeze on my machine. I have seen some reviews and it seems to be a fault. The examples of discs are Bad Boys 1 & 2 The Dark Knight Trilogy Mission Impossible. Non BD100 discs seem to be fine.
Currently Sony are investigating the issue but if I have to return the machine what is the best alternative ?

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
I have a Sony UBP-700x and found uhd multi layer discs called bd100 freeze on my machine. I have seen some reviews and it seems to be a fault. The examples of discs are Bad Boys 1 & 2 The Dark Knight Trilogy Mission Impossible. Non BD100 discs seem to be fine.
Currently Sony are investigating the issue but if I have to return the machine what is the best alternative ?
I have a Sony X700 and haven't had any problems with BD100 discs freezing.

If you want an alternative make I also haven't had any freezing problems with my Panasonic UB700 or UB820 on BD100 discs.

ashenfie

Distinguished Member
I have had many Sony's (not UHD) which all tended to freeze from time to time. The Panasonic UB900 i has froze one since late 2016 when i purchased it.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom