1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can any one help????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ernie, May 18, 2004.

1. Ernie

Ernie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello any one who reads this,

I have about £500/£600 to spend on an AV Reciever and DVD player, I have had Marantz stuff since I was young and like there stuff a lot.

So the qiestion is, is the SR4400 and the DV6400 a good combination if not could any one suggest a good amp and DVD player?

Many Thanks,

Ernie.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Are you goning to want to use the dvd player as your main music player? If not I would suggest the Pioneer dv-565a multi region for about £150 or if you want a dvd player to play cds well as well the limit 800SE or 900Se are superb cd players for there price.:smashin:
    http://www.limitelectronics.co.uk/products.asp?type=1

I would also recomend thinking of the 5400/5400OSE as they have better DAC'S and more power while the ose version is much better in stereo than the normal 5400 and even the 7400(also worth thinking about) and just getting a dvd4400 not the 4600.
    :suicide:

3. rm_knight

rm_knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just looking around and found you question.

I have just bought both of the above items from a friends hifi shop (www.paulgreenhifi.co.uk) and after spending 3 hours testing and number of amps and CD/dvd players i found that this was the best cost / sounding setup for the money.

With the amp coming in at £225 and the DVD for £350 it covers alot of technology.

Plus the wife like the two units. :thumbsup: