Can any HTC change music track via headphones?

zedzed

Hi all,

Are there any headsets (and apps?) for the HTC (Hero) that allows "next/previous track" via the headset? (like the iPhone does).

I currently have an iPhone (out of contrat soon) and am considering the HTC but this is my only concern. I mainly use the iPhone for music on the way to work and I don't want to constantly be taking the HTC out my pocket. (no comments about listening to a whole album or anything please - I'm a "skipper", ok! :D)

[edit]
I've watched a video on the HTC website which shows forward and back buttons - so I think my question is answered. I'll check out official websites before I post here :lesson:

Mod - please delete if you want to tidy up!
[end edit]

Thanks,
Dez

Last edited:

Merago

The headphones that come with the phone are the ones that have media playback buttons and handsfree functionality, so you should be fine with them (they're not the best for sound quality in the world mind).

Edit - heh, got your question answered before I finished posting. Too slow again! :)

Wulliemac

Standard Member
Hi all,

Are there any headsets (and apps?) for the HTC (Hero) that allows "next/previous track" via the headset? (like the iPhone does).

I currently have an iPhone (out of contrat soon) and am considering the HTC but this is my only concern. I mainly use the iPhone for music on the way to work and I don't want to constantly be taking the HTC out my pocket. (no comments about listening to a whole album or anything please - I'm a "skipper", ok! :D)

[edit]
I've watched a video on the HTC website which shows forward and back buttons - so I think my question is answered. I'll check out official websites before I post here :lesson:

Mod - please delete if you want to tidy up!
[end edit]

Thanks,
Dez

The Hero is also A2DP compatible, which means you can use bluetooth stereo headphones if you want. I have a set of Motorola bluetooth headphones which work great with the Hero. Controls (volume/play/skip) are all on the side of the headset, it can take calls, and all without any wires! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom