1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can any DVD player with 5.1 analog outputs play dvd-audio format?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mailbb, Oct 14, 2005.

1. mailbb

mailbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought dvd player that has 5.1 analog outputs, and I connected to my digital receiver that has 6 analog inputs. DVD-audio can be played as I tested, but result is in 44/48 or 96/24 DTS decoding? I don't have in manual any spec. for this frequency decoder and neither technical support from this manufactory (NOVA dv-p4133).There is no logo on DVD player for DVD-Audo.
    ..Anyone has this model and spec?, or more technical details regarding TDS conversion 96/24.

Thanks

2. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Just because the player has 5.1 analogue outputs does not mean it will play dvd-audio or
    sacd,it may only output DD and DTS via the 5.1 outputs using the dvd players built in decoders.If you post the make and model number i am sure somebody will tell you if the player is dvd-audio capable.Hope this helps

3. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    To give DVD-Audio wider appeal, the disks usually have a DD or DTS track encoded on there also. This means any DVD player can play at least part of a DVD-Audio disk. As far as I can tell your Nova player is not fully DVD-A capable, but is probably capable of upsampling to 24/96. I had a Panasonic that was able to do this to CD's and I quite liked its sound.