1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can an LCD display be regenerated?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Wayne Moule, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've just fitted a Grundig SC303 D (C) radio cassette with Dolby B,which I won't use as C is superior.

I'm buying it off a mate for £15,great price,but I'm testing it first.It's 9 years old out of his Vauxall.

Not all the face off LCD display symbols show up.Is there a way of regenerating it?

Excellent radio quality.

I think it only stores 6 FM stations,is that right?

Everything seems to work,apart from Autoreverse.I think it's Autoreverse,as I've left the manual at work.The button is on the left of the tape tray with ickle up and down arrows.The good thing is though,that I can listen to the radio while the tapes rewinding.

Or,can I get a new face off for it?

2. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    When the digits go on the these they need a replacement.
    A new face last time I bought one for these was £30 odd and I needed proof of ownership to get one. There are a few second hand face's around but they fetch £20 if you can find a good one. If you need a front PM me and I will see what I can find as I used to work in the trade.

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've just bought one on eBay by chance today,the whole unit btw.

Would the face off work in mine if the new one doesn't work,as it was stated as not tested,as he didn't have the connector,which I have?