1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can all HDD/DVD Recorders meet these two requirements.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GadgetObsessed, Jun 8, 2005.

1. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +528
    I'm currently looking for a HDD/DVD recorder and just wanted to know if the following requirements were met by all makes/models:
    (1) Copy a finalised (non copyrighted) DVD. i.e. dump from DVD to HDD and then dump back to another DVD.
    (2) For camcorder editing can I copy a number of camcorder tapes to the HDD then mix and match sections from these recordings onto a single DVD?

I'm currently leaning towards buying a Sony 710 (from Pixmania at £388) or possibly waiting for the UK version of this or the Panny EH60 in August/September. Freeview is not actually important to me - I cannot get Freeview don't even have a TV arial - but I do need a HD/DVD recorder with DVin, RGB input and component output. This rules out the current Pioneer and JVC range and the Panny EH50 and Sony 510. (I have ruled out the Tosh XS34 for other reasons.)

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regarding a disc backup feature:the only models I am aware of that will do a full digital clone at high speed are Pioneer recorders.Other makes will copy to HDD,but often in real time only and not a genuine clone that retains all chapters,menus etc.
    Panny will do it with RAM but -R is real time only.
    Some will copy unfinalised -R,but only Pioneer(AFAIK) will do a complete clone in the same way as a PC rewriter with a finalised -R

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    (2) The Pannies can do this using the 'Playlist' feature.