Can AE Aegis Evo 1s be mounted from a wall bracket?

wombatman

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am considering getting a Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3B speaker set but I do not have enough space for the two rear speakers on the floor. I am wondering whether they are wall-mountable, and if so any advice on what brackets to get (AE dont make wall brackets for the Evo 1s).

If not, how would the Evo 3A system sound? They just replace the rear speakers with Evo compacts, but how much worse-off would that be? Not sure I want to compromise on sound quality...

I'm sure you can get wall brackets, but they will not sound as good as they would on decent weighty stands. I would imagine the benefit from using Evo 1s rather than the compacts would probably be lost, so if you cant fit them on stands, you may as well go for the compacts - cos theyre err... compact

To 3B or not 3B, that is the question...

I may just go for the 3A, as the compacts are made for wall-mounting. How would an Evo 3A system sound compared to a compact system like the MS Genies? They are both at about the same price now and both have won many accolades. I would be using them 50:50 for music and movies.

I have the Evo compacts as the 4 rears with the 3's as front c/w centre.

You still get plenty of surround sound, in fact I quite often run it in 7ch Stereo :D

Reason I went for the compacts was similar to yourself, I have no room at the moment for larger speakers and didn't fancy trying to mount the larger ones on the wall anyway.

Dont get the Genies. If you can accomodate a full size package, then go for it. There is only so much midrange you can achieve from a satellite system. Trust me on this.

MSYam said:
Dont get the Genies. If you can accomodate a full size package, then go for it. There is only so much midrange you can achieve from a satellite system. Trust me on this.

I was told the same, was originally looking at the Kef Eggs but after speaking to someone for a bit ended up going for the Evo's (effectively the Evo 3a but with a Velodyne sub :thumbsup: ) and haven't looked back.

They are pretty good IMO for both music and movies, in fact the Evo 3's up front have quite a range, have done a couple of tests with the sub on and off and although there is a huge difference with the sub on I was pleasantly surprised just how much of a range the Evo's had.

Would seriously doubt any sub/sat system would be able to deliver that as well as the full size speakers.

I suppose, there are no problem to install EVO 1 on the wall brackets. Stand mount needs only for speakers with low bass, but Evo 1 has high (more then 5%) signal/noise ratio below 100Hz, so if you set Evo1 as SMALL and LFE at 100Hz, you wouldn't care about bass reflection. My rear left Diamond 8.1 is installed with two cheep IKEA's brackets. One below other for reliability. LFE sets to 80Hz.

Attached file contents Evo 1's frequency response diagram (red line, right scale Db) and signal/noise ratio (green line, left scale %) .

Good sound!

Attachments

• AE Evo 1 s-n.gif
    AE Evo 1 s-n.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 360

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom