Can a UK Panasonic DMR E-50 work in Belgium?

regname

Standard Member
I expect the answer to this to be "No, you can't" or something very similar but...

I have a Panasonic DMR E-50 which was bought in the UK. I'm now trying to make it work in Belgium. The problem I have is that it can't find any TV channels when tuning.

Is there any cunning way to help it find Belgian TV? (As I say, I suspect not but you never know....:))

Thanks in advance:smashin:

Gavtech

Administrator
I expect the answer to this to be "No, you can't" or something very similar but...

I have a Panasonic DMR E-50 which was bought in the UK. I'm now trying to make it work in Belgium. The problem I have is that it can't find any TV channels when tuning.

Is there any cunning way to help it find Belgian TV? (As I say, I suspect not but you never know....:))

Thanks in advance:smashin:

The simple answer is going to be no. There are many issues.

You can use the unit of course but not for receiving broadcasts.

Belgium uses a different flavour of PAL with a different sound spacing.
It is broadcasting Digital now and your unit only has an analogue tuner. Any analogue transmissions are being phased out... and may be on VHF , not UHF which the E50 receives.

You will need to use it with an external receiver or STB fed in via scart AV2 to get anything at all.

regname

Standard Member
Many thanks for the swift and thorough reply Gavtech!

I thought something like that might be the case - I managed to get a UK TV to receive Belgian TV via the RF connection and hoped there might possibly be a way to convince the E50 to do the same (but didn't really expect so).

Sony40W

Standard Member
Hi,

I've been in the same road a week ago, and I would say, it is not a definitely "NO you can't".

Suggestions: Go to your local Electronic retailer store and ask what Digital Broadcasting MPEG type Belgium receive? Wether MPEG-2 or MPEG-4. If is like me (I'm from Lithuania) MPEG-4, check the manual of the Panasonic regarding the tuner and the MPEG (UK is usually MPEG-2 tuner). Then what you would need is a decodifier MPEG-4 to MPEG-2, the signal would be converted from MPEG-4 (Air broadcast) to MPEG-2 signal so the recorder would recognize the frencuency.

That's what I did for make a Humax PVR 9300T from UK works in Lithuania. I picked up almost all my local channels with no problem.

Share you experience either you success or fail :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the swift and thorough reply Gavtech!

I thought something like that might be the case - I managed to get a UK TV to receive Belgian TV via the RF connection and hoped there might possibly be a way to convince the E50 to do the same (but didn't really expect so).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom