Can a second V6 box work without coax?

Oldi

Prominent Member
Reaction score
During the conversation I had with Virgin retentions in February I was offered a second V6 box which I declined as was informed that we needed a visit from a technician to set it up at a cost of £35. I'm pretty certain they stated it didn't need a coax feed, just connecting to the network.
Recently, I received an email offering a second box following a review of the account, no charge or mention of a visit so thought I would take them up on it.
Box arrived today, connected to the network, firmware updated etc but fails to install due to S322 connection problem....
The call centre have booked a technician to check it out, claiming that it can connect via Wi-Fi but was a little vague as to whether it needs to be connected to the coax.
May I ask whether the V6 box can work without the coax please?

I wouldn’t have thought so as that’s how you get the programming 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks, wasn't sure if the technology has advanced and the devices were networking and only needed one external feed. I will find out Thursday.

We've got two V6 boxes, one upstairs and one downstairs, and a coax cable fitted by VM in each location. We can swap the boxes around ourselves, but they will not work unless the coax cable is connected.

If you want to use on-demand services and stream from one V6 to the other, or stream from a V6 to the TV Control app within your home network, then you need to connect the boxes to your home network via Ethernet/Wi-Fi.

Thanks, I suspect that the visit will confirm what you say and that a further visit will be required to install the second cable. Not sure why they offered the box without a visit..

One more question please, is the second coax cable routed externally from the outside box or will they attempt to split it internally and run it inside?

Both our VM TV cables go from the brown box on the outside wall and trail outside to the upstairs and downstairs locations, then through the wall.

Thanks for the replies. Had the visit yesterday, coax fitted to the brown box then around the side of the house to the kitchen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom