Can a samsung hd935 scale thru component ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by schillaci0, Jan 30, 2005.

1. schillaci0

schillaci0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    :hiya: have a 935 and was wondering can it upscale thru the component outputs once it is enabled for multi reg and hdcp is diabled. Any info greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. NPM108

NPM108
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am not super technical with all this yet, however what I can tell you is that I had the 935 connected with component outputs and into my 4805 PJ.

When you have the Blue button (Prog Scan) enabled and the then use the button next to it you can switch between 480/576P, 720P and 1080i and do that over component.

Hope this helps.

3. jrturbo

jrturbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guys

I took delivery of a pioneer 435 XDE screen on saturday and also purchased for evaluation a samsung 935 dvd player whichwas on sale as its discontinued for 160.00 € (roughly 110 GBP ) at present its connected via a cheap component lead, and dont know wether to keep it or not, althought it seemed cheap, but its slugish to respond on the remote comands sometimes the idea was for it to replace my Sony NS705 dvd/SACD player and in that respect its disapointing.

I was hoping to conect it to the screen via a DVI to HDMI cable and see how the picture quality fares, hopefully over the next couple days I will compare the 2 player for picture quality, but if it can upscale through the component lead this would make it more interesting to keep, but I could not see any evidence of the upscale via componet leads, as when I pressed the the DVI button the information th screen did not change and was showing 625 line on input 2 of my XDE.

Regards

Joe Rubido