can a panny DMRES10 do this? please help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by moomin2005, Sep 21, 2005.

1. moomin2005

moomin2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right i want a panny DMRES10 but before i do i want to know something

i have an entire cartoon series (90 eps on 9 tapes) which i wish to transfer to dvd, i want to put about 3-4 eps per dvd so would i be ables to record 1 full tape then split the taope in to seperate epsiddes and have a thumbnail for each episode on the dvd disk

i did have a phillips one ages ago and i could do that with the phillips

please someone help

many thanks

2. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    You couldn't do it if you recorded continuously for several episodes. To achieve what you want, you would have to record each episode separately, i.e. stop recording at the end of the first episode, then start recording again at the beginning of the second episode, etc. Then you will have separate episodes on the dvd, each with it's own thumbnail. But you wouldn't be able to do any editing of the recordings before you finalize the dvd.

If you want to do any editing you ought to consider spending a bit more on a recorder with a hard disk - you won't regret it. The other option is to just use the recorder to transfer the tapes to dvd, then use a PC to do the editing.

3. moomin2005

moomin2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply, cant afford a hdd one and pc editing is too fusy, can u recommend a good dvd recorder with good editing features that will let me do what i want to do, should i stick with dvd + for that

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    You could do it on the Panny if you used DVD-RAM instead, but this would mean it would only play back on RAM capable machines.

5. moomin2005

moomin2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ye not keen on the thought of that, do you know of anyother good recorders that does what i want

many thanks