Can a network printer print wirelessly?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Keiron, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Sorry to appear dim.

I note that some printers are wireless (wifi) and some have just network cables.

If I plug a network cable from a printer into the router, can I then print from my ipad and laptops?

2. tvmcp

tvmcp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Not all will work, my Oki laser printer won't work from any Apple device, as there are no working drivers or apps 'that I've found'

3. DeepDiver

DeepDiver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    As far as tablets are concerned you need to check the printer manufacturer as to wether they have any apps for Apple/Android, but yes as for as your laptop is concerned.

I have a colour laser from samsung who have an app for android. The printer has wifi but i have it disabled as it it connected to my router with network cable. You can still print to it wireless with a laptop and also my android phone. Sorry, don't know about Ipad.

4. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thanks.

Can I ask what Samsung printer you have? Is it any good?

I rather like the look (and I mean, the physical look) of the Samsungs. I'm interested in particular in the in particular the CLX-3305W.

I read better reviews of HP printers but they are really are big ugly black plastic things, and it has to go in a living room.

5. DeepDiver

DeepDiver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I have the CLP-325W. its a small home colour laser. Print quality is fine but it won't do colour photos if that is what your after. Inkjet is still better for photos.

You need to be aware that they only come with starter units and that replacement toners are normally very expensive. I will try compatible toner refills when needed.

I noticed the model your looking at does have ios app for apple

I believe epson also have printers for apple devices Epson Connect

If possible always check print quality if possible from the likes of pc world?