1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a Domino 18/20 be used with a 9ft throw?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timmy C, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    This is a question for Jeff really but if anyone else knows for sure then feel free to reply. A mate of mine is considering the idea of a projector since reading all the rave reviews of the recent Sanyo and Panasonic LCD's but I can't help thinking you could pick up a used Domino with the same sort of cash which I would have thought was a better option.

Anyway, he's only got a maximum 9ft throw which goes off the scale on the projector central throw distance calculator. Does this mean it can't be used at such a short distance without picture problems or does it just mean a small image? If it can be used then what size image are we talking?

Out of interest has anyone ever compared a Domino 18 or 20 with a Sanyo Z3/Z4 or the Panasonic equivelents?

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Tim

A 9 foot throw will give you a 49" wide picture which is bigger than a 50" (diagonal) plasma and a lot cheaper and arguably better picture quality.
    That may seem like a small picture but if you are only sitting say 8ft away it will be big enough.

Jeff

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Thanks Jeff. I'll pass on the info.