Can a 360 be connected to an LG LHT550TB dvd playern to get surround?

mart1977

Novice Member
My mate has just got an LG 42LC2DB lcd tv that came with an LG LHT550TB home surround dvd player from comet :suicide: . He wants to connect his 360 up to it to get 5.1 but there is no optical on the dvd player. Is there anyway he can at least get the audio coming through the dvd player so he can play games with some sort of noise coming through the home cinema speakers?

To make things worse he has tried connecting the dvd player up to the tv with the scart to free off the component for the 360 but the picture is not good. Told him he might need a component splitter switch to avoid unplugging each time he wants to watch dvd ot play 360. Anybody had any experience of these splitters?

maverik1979

Novice Member
My mate has just got an LG 42LC2DB lcd tv that came with an LG LHT550TB home surround dvd player from comet :suicide: . He wants to connect his 360 up to it to get 5.1 but there is no optical on the dvd player. Is there anyway he can at least get the audio coming through the dvd player so he can play games with some sort of noise coming through the home cinema speakers?

To make things worse he has tried connecting the dvd player up to the tv with the scart to free off the component for the 360 but the picture is not good. Told him he might need a component splitter switch to avoid unplugging each time he wants to watch dvd ot play 360. Anybody had any experience of these splitters?

i think i know of the package your talking about, there is an audio input on the back of the dvd player but its just 2 phono jacks , which means no dd 5.1, pro logic only im afraid, so just run the red and white audio leads on the xbox a/v cable into the input on the dvd player.also make sure he has the dvd player connected to scart 1, the others arent as good for some reason, not sure about the splitter for somponent but someone else may know

mart1977

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply. Yes youre exactly right. I have had a look at the dvd player and he is going to get some phono lead extensions to get the sound coming through the speakers. Better than nothing i suppose. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom