Can a £300 budget get you a decent projector?

OldHooky

Established Member
Reaction score
Obviously £300 isn't a lot, but is there anything worth getting which could be plugged into a Virgin STB - so HDMI - or a laptop, to show mostly sports or films?

Sound would be played through external speakers or hi-fi, so obviously some form of "out" required.

HD would be a plus, but I'm not holding my breath at this price.

Thanks in advance.

Something 2nd hand yes...some bargains to be had in the classifieds section on here....An Optoma HD65 (native 720p) or similar is a great place to start & normally change hands for about £250ish....

depends how fussy you are, a mate of might bought an optomo around the £350 mark, 720p and he LOVES is. Not sure the model no. sorry.

I bought a 720p Opo of here & love it.... :)

Having bought your £300 projector, it's essential not to look at others.

Ignorance is bliss. :lesson:

And it's a lot cheaper, too... :smashin:

the acer k130 is £300 and 300 led lumens which is good enough for a 70 to 90 inch screen with decent brightness spend £100 more and you could get 500-600 lumen led models good for 100+ inchs. led bulbs last at least 10x that of regular projectors.

Yes second hand, most of the optomas are great pjs hd65 - 700 etc or if you suffer from rainbows try a panasonic ax100-ax200 look in the classifieds there loads of members always upgrading

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom