Can’t Tune BBC HD Channels in Freeview

StuBFrost

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have an odd problem that I’m struggling to answer. I mainly use Sky but have 3 freeview tv’s that I wanted to make use of.
I live in Manchester and my nearest transmitter is winter hill which is about 10 miles away. I have an aerial in the loft that I’ve had for some time and when I try to tune 2 of the 3 tv’s (a Polaroid and a Blaukpoint), they don’t find the uhf channel with BBC HD or the ITV channels. All the other channels are fine and signal strengths shows as good on all other frequencies.
The third tv (a Samsung) was given to me by my father so was pre-tuned at his house and the BBC HD channels tune in with no problem but I can’t see any signal strength to check what it is.
i thought the issue may be 4g interruption so I bought a one4all distribution box with a filter built in but that hasn’t made any difference.
I’m really struggling to understand why 2 of the tv’s won’t tune and the 3rd tv is fine.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Stu

Unless the TVs are fairly recent they may well not be Freeview HD capable? DVB-T2 tuners are needed rather than just DVB-T.

Model numbers googled for Tv specs might confirm?

Good spot. I think you are right and both the tv’s are dvb-t only. Thanks.

i thought the issue may be 4g interruption so I bought a one4all distribution box with a filter built in but that hasn’t made any difference.

Why did you thing it was the much overhyped 4G when the Samsung works? Buying bits and pieces without diagnosing the fault is a waste of time and money.

Why did you thing it was the much overhyped 4G when the Samsung works? Buying bits and pieces without diagnosing the fault is a waste of time and money.
I didn’t have the Samsung at that point and the distribution box I already had wasn’t working properly so I needed a new one anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom