Can’t connect to iPhone Hotspot

Goooner

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Been having trouble getting my car to connect to my iPhone 12 hotspot.

Tried to connect my iPad to the phone yesterday just to make sure that would, it didn’t.

Just came up with an error.

Any known Hotspot issues and ways to get around then? Updated my phone to the latest firmware last night, that seems to have made things worse if anything.

Before the car would randomly connect to the Hotspot and if it didn’t automatically, turning the Hotspot off and back on usually sorted it, failing that using the maximise compatibility would, since updating last night, I’ve not been able to connect anything.

Tried resetting network settings, turning Bluetooth off and on, un-pairing and re-pairing all devices but it just won’t connect.

Sounds like a problem with the cars audio system, rather than the phone. Can you not try the phone connecting to another car, or Bluetooth stereo etc, just to eliminate a phone issue

I did think it was the car and I’d put it down to that, but I tried to connect my iPad to the phone hostpsot it sees it, but just says “unable to join” so that to me points to a phone issue otherwise surely the iPad would connect?

Since my original post it seems to be randomly connecting or not connecting, about 50/50, so I guess I’ll just live with it.

I did think it was the car and I’d put it down to that, but I tried to connect my iPad to the phone hostpsot it sees it, but just says “unable to join” so that to me points to a phone issue otherwise surely the iPad would connect?

Since my original post it seems to be randomly connecting or not connecting, about 50/50, so I guess I’ll just live with it.

Ah if the iPad doesn’t connect either, then sounds like a phone issue. Have you tried the basics like restarting the phone, or a hard reset(Google it as this defers on iPhone models) it doesn’t wipe any data doing this, but worth a shot as it only takes a minute.

Tried restarting and resetting the network connections. Haven’t tried a hard reset, I’ll give that a go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom