Campsites near paris/Disney or cheap hotels

hornydragon

Myself and the missus are considering going to france for a short break as some friends of my parents are buying house near Auxerre (2 hours from paris). As its a fair drive we thought we would sail portsmouth to Le Havre over night on LDlines (are they anygood? can you sleep?) and to break the journey. By driving to Disney for the day on the first day we arrive. I dont want to carry on driving after 14 hours of travelling and a day in a theme park so we were looking for somewhere cheap to stay for one night, but having real issues finding anywhere that will let us stay one night. A cheap hotel would be fine we would probably then go into paris for the next morning so a hotel/campsite that you can bus/train it to paris centre in under an hour would be good! then drive onto auxerre later that day

Any tips advice welcome but really need somewhere to stay.....

technoman28

We stayed at the Tulip inn, Marne la Valee (I think thats how you spell it), it is only a few stops on the train from Disneyland, and the train station is just across the road, I'm not sure of the cost but, we stayed in a family room (2 adults and 2 children), and i know that it was very reasonable. If you get the breakfast, you can stuff yourself with croissants, bread, fruit etc. Very pleasant staff, clean rooms, and they speak very good English. I'll try and find out more info for you when I get home.

hornydragon

thanks mate if it has prking and is close to the station that would be ideal as we can drive their and get the train into paris for a day

mh123

There are a few such 'cheapies' in the Marne la Vallee area. We used the Ibis a couple of times... worked out at around £55 for a room for 4 including brekky even in school hols. Pig out on breakfast and avoid the seriously underwhelming and ridiculously overpriced pap served in the park. Eat out in Disney Village afterwards and catch the last train back.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom