Campaign AGAINST free Wi Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee James

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just noticed that AV Forums is supporting The Gadget Show's petition to put wi fi in steetlamps everywhere.

I think this campaign shows a complete disregard for the health of non-wireless users.

If people want to use wireless technology in their own home, that's up to them. If a business or a cafe wants to install it, it's up to the individual to decide whether they want to spend time there. But it should not be thrust down the throat of every single person in the country against their wishes.

Out of concern for my safety, I have already moved house to avoid living near to people who are likely to have wireless in their homes. If wireless goes nationwide, I will have to leave the country.

Nobody knows yet just how damaging wireless technology is to the humans but however little damage it causes I don't want to risk my health just to get out of drilling some cable through a wall.

I urge people not to support this foolish kind of "technology is more important than health" cause.

Some links (for anyone who cares):

www.EMRNetwork.org
www.emfbioeffects.org
www.wave-guide.org
www.energyfields.org
www.tassie.net.au/emfacts/mobiles/children.html
www.electric-words.com

Not that i believe it.....but nothings free anyway. Somebody always pays, and do we really need wi-fi everywhere, are people that hooked to the internet?

You better leave the planet then, and tbh the universe.

The atmosphere is already pretty saturated by electromagetic radiation - and plenty in the range of radio frequency.

What do you think all the television, satellites, mobile phones, taxi services etc are doing apart from all the other sources of EM radiation..... like the Sun.
.... and then theres all the electromagnetic radiation from every direction in space .....

I do hope your posting that as a windup.

Agreed, you better ask them to get hurry on with the Mars settlement :thumbsup:

I very much look foward to the free Wifi everywhere day, I think a few cities in the States are covered 100% by Wifi and it will happen here.

Work anywhere I want, free calls on mobiles instant access to emails will be great.

I dont think the addition of Wifi to the millions of wireless signals from all sorts of devices isnt much to worry about (not saying there is no problem with wireles signals, I personally dont believe there is, or its negligable - but the addition of wireless wont add much)

:thumbsup:

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,19509-2495352,00.html

Anyway, I'm not sure you understand how wi-fi works. You don't care if everyone installs it in their own home? You do realise the signal doesn't stop at the walls of your home right? Anyway according to the doctor in the link I post it's all been blown out of proportion by anxious parent groups

I supported the campaign and signed it, but does anyone seriously think it would happen? We don't get free telephone access, or free TV or radio, or free anything else, so what on earth makes anyone think they'll give everyone free wireless access?

I mean, If there's WiFi every where I go, with a small PDA running Skype or some other voip app, and I don't need my mobile phone anymore. So there go all those billions the mobile phone companies spent buying 3G licences from the government.

Nah, they're never going to let that happen, the business lobbyists will see to that.

Grand Dizzy, do you own a mobile phone or a microwave?

It's hard to prove what all these signals are doing without a very long term study. Just because there are already loads of radiowaves out there doesn't mean to say it's okay to have even more.

I've always been sceptical about safety of wireless technology and it wasn't helped by this article I read a couple of months back:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2417951.html

I supported the campaign and signed it, but does anyone seriously think it would happen? We don't get free telephone access, or free TV or radio, or free anything else, so what on earth makes anyone think they'll give everyone free wireless access?

I mean, If there's WiFi every where I go, with a small PDA running Skype or some other voip app, and I don't need my mobile phone anymore. So there go all those billions the mobile phone companies spent buying 3G licences from the government.

Nah, they're never going to let that happen, the business lobbyists will see to that.

Actually they are all building around it right now - the industry is having a massive shake up and new phones are and systems are available now that take advantage of wifi connections when available and gsm when not .... and many more will be available soon.

Actually I read an article in the Times a couple week ago where scientists now say not to worry about your fertility (presumably not the same ones :p)

I don't worry about mine, obviously, because I'm a stud. But for lesser men it's something to be concerned about.

I wonder who paid for this last study...hmmm.

its not things like radio waves and wifi etc we need to worry about. We need to put more money and effort into stopping paedophiles and rapists etc, as they offer a much bigger danger to us than anything like wifi.

Dude, you've had various different things flying through your body since the day you was born (ie those particles from the sun), and your starting to worry about one little WiFi signal? Pfffftttt. Go and campaign against second hand smoke, and I will applaud you!

come clean dizzy person....this has to be a windup

Why is everyone acting like Wireless is safe? Has anyone ever said it was safe (other than electricians who know nothing about biology)?

You can't assume something is safe just becuse it's legal. Smoking is legal, and that's not safe.

The atmosphere is already pretty saturated by electromagetic radiation - and plenty in the range of radio frequency.
Actually, radiation can be extremely harmful. It's just a matter of exposure. Why do you think we are advised to never use a mobile phone for more than 20 minutes? Why do you think there are safeguards about mobile phone radiation levels? Why do you think mobile phones used to give people brain tumors, and modern ones still give rats brain tumours?

Grand Dizzy, do you own a mobile phone or a microwave?
No.

Anyway, I'm not sure you understand how wi-fi works. You don't care if everyone installs it in their own home? You do realise the signal doesn't stop at the walls of your home right?
Yes but the further away you are from a transmitter, the less effect it has.

It's the same as mobiles. Press a mobile right up against your ear and you're saturating your brain with microwaves; hold it just a couple of centimetres away and immediately the exposure level drops. Wireless is a far weaker signal, but since it's transmitted continuously for hours at a time, the exposure is potentially the same.

Maybe I'm being "paranoid", but I don't understand why everyone is suddenly of the opinion that wireless is safe. Where did this opinion come from? What studies have been done? Where is the proof? Or is anything just naturally safe unless proven otherwise?

Has anyone shown conclusive proof that it isn't, No.
No, there is absolutely no conclusive proof that it's unsafe, and absolutely no conclusive proof that it's safe.

The conclusion... it must be safe! :D

Does this kind of thing really bother people that much??? Crikey! :cool:

Personally I never think about whether im frying my brain when i'm making a call on my mobile phone or using a microwave etc...

You could probably read an article about anything and everything that would convince you that it is dangerous.

"Its either owt or nowt!" :D Maybe i'm just ignorant lol nevermind...

I think I am going to open a tin foil hat shop...

well you got your first customer all lined up :)

What about TV and Radio waves then?

Are they dangerous?

Do you have any electrical appliances?

What about the magnetic fields they generate? Are they dangerous?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom