Camera Settings Help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by section33, Aug 25, 2006.

1. section33

section33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ya 1st post here… anyway I need some help. I have a Canon MVX200i, however my camera doesn’t have a manual in English (and learning another language isnt an option) and I’m trying to set it up to film in 16:9 (or something close to letterbox format) so I need a sort of quick step by step. Got to start filming for a project tomorrow and I need to get it sorts, many thanks in advance

Gary

2. toadoftoadhall

toadoftoadhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  3. bsuttie

bsuttie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Hi

Manual for that camera is available here

Looks like to go to 16:9 mode go to the Camera Menu, Camera Setup, 16:9 and turn to ON.

Note that this is "True 16:9" mode i.e. 16:9 full height anamorphic, not letterboxed.

If you really want letterboxed you should either shoot 4:3 and mask, or shoot 16:9 FHA and squeeze.

However for most uses nowadays, and particularly if you are going to end up on DVD, you would be better keeping it 16:9.

In either case you should shoot some test material and choose whichever workflow gives you the best quality (i.e. does resizing in the camera look better or worse than resizing in software)

regards

Brian