Camera return (refund) at argos

den9112

Hi, i have just replaced my old TZ3 compact today with the TZ 1O , i got the offer deal of a half price bag and sd card for £239.00 at argos ,i am now regreting my impulse purchase as my TZ3 still does a good job as my DSLR backup,...i have not opened any of the items and they are all sealed,however having looked at the returns policy on the argos site it states my camera is excempt from the 30 day money back gaurantee , i know i should have thought about this before i bought it and its my fault but is thier a chance i can get a refund ,if not someone on here is going to get a bargain.Thanks

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
If you haven't used it and it's all sealed, I would take it back and have a try... you never know.

twist

Distinguished Member
It may be exempt from 30 day returns, but most stores will apply a refund for between 7-14 days if items are unsealed and unused.

twist

Distinguished Member
O, just thought when you said "my camera is excempt from the 30 day money back gaurantee" thats what you meant.

The things we do when the wives are shopping eh. Id take it back and see how you get on. If the seal is there im sure itll be fine.

den9112

I had just come back from jessops in Bury who have my dslr in for repair, its been a week and i thought i will just call in and see if its been returned,no luck so i was feeling a bit fed up, i just needed a pick me up so i convinced myself i needed a new compact,...got home realised i didnt need one and the £239 could go towards a new lens ,i suppose i could sell it on at a loss and let someone get a bargain ,lesson learnt .

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Sell the TZ3 ;)

JIm

Try to return it, as you say it is sealed and only happened just now. I did it with a Sony satnav and even opened the box and they still gave me a return.

Be your politest, brush you teeth, polish your shoes and ask respectfully :)

Moor

I heard Argos don't take most stuff back unless it's faulty, I read a thread on here about someone wanting to return a kinect that was sealed and Argos didn't want to know as apparently they are under no legal obligation to take back products that are not faulty, thats just what i read though so dont hold me to that! Give it a try though the worse they can do is turn you down.

In my under standing, unless bought online where any retailer has to honour a cancellation of a contract within 7 days, it is purely down to good will in a retail outlet.

I find Argos a grey area as you can't try and look before you buy so to me it is no difference than online, but strictly speaking it is a shop.

DanTheManc

Hi Den,

I may possibly be able to help you out. My brother-in-laws mother-in-law (that sounds confusing :) ) is a manager in Argos. You say you bought the TZ10 from Bury. Are you local to Bury at all? I live in Radcliffe near Bury.

If you PM your phone number I will have a word with her and see if I can sort something out so your able to return it for a refund ;)

DanTheManc

I just spoke to my sister-in-law and she says to see how you get on with it at burnley and if not she will see what her mum can do. She says to tell you to say that you bought it but your girlfriend got the same one too or something like that and you ended up with two.

den9112

Just got back from the burnley argos store, the manager in thier was very helpfull,it was obvious it was not open or any signs of use,money refunded ,very happy so looking for a new lens now. Thanks all for the help.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Just got back from the burnley argos store, the manager in thier was very helpfull,it was obvious it was not open or any signs of use,money refunded ,very happy so looking for a new lens now. Thanks all for the help.
Great News :smashin:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom