1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camera problem

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by ermmm, Dec 11, 2004.

1. ermmm

ermmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

can any one help with this problem which has just started.
    I have two digital cameras, Olympus mju 300 and an Olympus c-350 zoom. Using the supplied software which came with them, Camedia Master 4.1, both cameras worked ok, but now the 350 zoom has stopped working when trying to load pics to my puter.

I plug in the camera via USB, open software but i get a message saying unable to detect a camera.

after trying this and taking the camera off the puter, the menu button on the camera does not work so i cannot use any function of the camera, delete, change quality/mode etc. Leaving the camera for a couple of days and the menu function is usable again

the other camera works ok with no probs at all.

using win98se

thanks

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'd reinstall the software. If that doesn't work then just open click "open with windows fax and picture viewer" (If it gives you that option)

Strange that it messed with your actual camera settings, have you updated any firmware? That can mess your camera up if not done right.

3. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Maybe a usb connection problem? The usb socketry on many digital cameras is pretty fragile, regular plugging/unplugging can cause problems.... I always recommend seperate card readers because of this (& a few other reasons).
    This may not be the case here but it's a common enough problem.

4. ermmm

ermmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks for the replies.

@ Seany.....tried a reinstall and the prob is still there :thumbsdow i havent done any updates lately.

Am waiting for a reply from Olympus to see if they have any ideas too.

Thanks too Pink Fairy but i hope its not that as the camera is quite new.....I'll keep that in mind but its back to the store if it is that :D

Thanks guys