Camera Phone with Good battery life?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by wilsot, Aug 13, 2006.

1. wilsot

wilsot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for a new phone for my wife. She wants a camera phone but she is not interested in any other features. The only other thing that is important is a good battery with long standby life.

I have absolutely NO clue when it comes to phones so any recommendations (and anything to avoid) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Wilsot
    Phone Noob

2. Disturber

Disturber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have always found the Sony Ericssons to have amazing battery life, especially when compared to Nokia's.
    I have just upgraded to the latest SE K800i. It has a 3.2mp camera and produces excellent pictures for a phone. Probably the best camera phone on the market.

3. Weidass

Weidass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    or failing that, seeing as the k800 is still expensive (£300 sim free/payg, or contract)
    the k750i (one before k800) has a 2mp camera, is only about £110 - £130 ish now, and can also have a flash for £24.99 ( i mean an actual flash for the camera, not a software flash).

Pic quality of both phones is ace. for a phone.

4. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have had the SE W810i for a couple of months now, great little 2 MP camera and I only have to charge it once a week !!! Don't forget that it also comes with a 512MB card as standard so plenty of room to save those pictures.

5. dingwall

dingwall
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Can third the Sony Ericssons for battery life.

The W810i is also a great phone all-round, with some pretty advanced camera features, although I never use the camera in phones myself as I've never seen a single one that is good enough even for casual use. It's actual talk time and radio/mp3/etc time is amazing for some unknown reason - I listened to mp3's for over 8 hours total, made a few calls, left it uncharged for two days and the battery was still at (a very accurate) 74%!

Everything else has about a quarter the battery life at best. Some Motorolas have about a half, but they are absolutely terrible phones (bought a V3i in a moment of madness believing some reviews, never ever again).

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,148
    Another recommendation for the SE range of phones. I have the D750i (T-Mobile version of the K750i) and it has great battery life and super camera too (with AutoFocus). :thumbsup: