Quantcast

Camera Info!

Trist

Some more info on the camera here from oxm
Set to be bundled with two game pack come release…

It isn't just some Xbox 360 games that have met delays on their way to retail shelves up and down the country since launch – the Xbox Live Vision Camera release date has seemingly slipped out of sight since the original images of this peripheral appeared at the end of last year.

The Camera, which would allow gamers to communicate across Xbox Live via video messaging, was initially aimed for use with a number of card games appearing on Live Arcade, particularly UNO and Texas Hold ‘Em.

Despite this, developers have been quick to pick up on its in-game implications with support for the Camera included in a number of forthcoming titles. Rainbow Six: Vegas is leading the way, with players able to signal manoeuvres to their squad via different hand gestures using the Live Vision.

But in-spite of these theorised ideas, the Camera has failed to materialise thus far. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Our OXM US sister mag has stated that the Stateside release date is set for September 19 - with the Camera to be bundled in two different packages, similar to the Silver and Gold Xbox Live subscriptions.

The standard kit is rumoured to include:
• Xbox Live Vision Camera
• Xbox Live headset
• One free month on Xbox Live Gold
• TotemBall Live Arcade game.
• Uno Live Arcade game.

The price circulating is around $39.99 (£21)

The Gold variant bundles:
• Xbox Live headset
• Free Xbox Live Gold subscription for a year.
• Uno Live Arcade game.
• A third Xbox Live Arcade game (what title is to be confirmed)
• 200 Microsoft Points

All for the price of $79.99 (£42)

Both will include TotemBall, a gesture-based game similar to PlayStation2's EyeToy line of games. Launched alongside the camera, the game requires you to guide a colourful ball-balancing totem pole (don't ask) around a series of levels, collecting musical pieces that allow you admission to a village party – which in turn ends up playing out as one massive pinball style game.

A proposed multiplayer game allows two players to play cooperatively, with one controlling the ball via the camera and the other juggling the collected musical pieces with the controller.

As with the Xbox 360 itself, the Live Vision Camera was initially expected to receive a simultaneous worldwide launch, but with no confirmed release schedule for the HD-DVD drive in Europe, the trend may continue with Live Vision too. Therefore the US drop date cannot be taken as gospel for here just yet...

But what do you think? That the Camera would work in sync with your Friends List may rule out any dodgy video-communications, but do you want to be looking at someones shrivelled up mug as they try and cane COD2 on Veteran? Or do the possibilities outweigh what could be a gimmicky peripheral? As always, let us know in the comments box below!
What do people think?

£42 (probably £50 rounded up) seems like a very decent deal considering you get the camera, 3 XBLA games, 200 points and a years sub all thrown in. I wasn't really considering getting one of these but if it works out that cheap I might just have to pick oe up.
:thumbsup:

Although that would mean my sub was extended until March 2009!!! :eek:

D

Deleted member 92943

Even if you don't have LIVE, for £30 it is still worth picking up as you can still use the camera in games like Rainbow 6 with the hand jesters

ush flynn

Novice Member
ooh gotta love them hand jesters... such funny guys! i always like to keep one around. I think Gestures would be more useful in game though

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
The standard kit is rumoured to include:
• Xbox Live headset
• One free month on Xbox Live Gold
• Uno Live Arcade game.

Hope our package includes the same contents, I haven't purchased Uno yet so will be a nice bonus if it's included:)

Do you think the above US package(inc. games) would be fully compatible with our PAL 360s?

D

Deleted member 92943

I personally though don't see the need for the headset considering that everyone who bought a premium console has got one and that they are bringing a proper wireless version out this year as well

Rather than a headet, Put Rainbow 6 Vegas in there and charge another £20 and i'll be happy

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Personally I just want the camera as already have all the other stuff. If they don't allow us just to buy the camera at reduced cost then i'll simply not bother with it in protest. Why should I be forced to buy another headset and another copy of Uno? :confused:

blicky_1

I can see the camera working if you sit at a desk or close to your 360/screen but I sit back 15ft from my 42" plasma/console so I dont think you would be able to see me!!

KJK1LL3R

Novice Member
lee_c00per said:
Even if you don't have LIVE, for £30 it is still worth picking up as you can still use the camera in games like Rainbow 6 with the hand jesters
Are you sure mate because I was reall looking forward to the camera but I didnt think I would be able to use it if i didnt have xbox live? This would be brilliant if you could still map your face into all the games even if you didnt have xbox live!

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
blicky_1 said:
I can see the camera working if you sit at a desk or close to your 360/screen but I sit back 15ft from my 42" plasma/console so I dont think you would be able to see me!!
That's true! Hopefully it will have a sensible long wire with it. I'd say that a 5 metre USB cable should do it.

Shame that the camera isn't wireless I guess.

I must admit that the whole digimask thing looks great and it will be pretty crazy playing games with your own mug on the characters. An FPS, where everyone looks like themselves would be mad! :)

Waynej

I'm sure it will have some kind of zoom on it.

As the US get it in september and no date has been announce for the UK yet, then I will import it. You can't go wrong for £21 and you can bet that when its released here it will sell for at least £49.99.

ush flynn

Novice Member
in the video he demonstrates the digital zoom which should help if your sitting on your couch, perhaps you can cut out the scratching of ones scrotum too... just as a favour for the rest of us!